We are currently accepting high-quality travel guides and foreign cuisine-related guest posts from travel, food and wellness bloggers. To be considered, YOU MUST read AND follow these guidelines.
Share your travel stories on As We Saw It
If you're a fellow travel blogger looking for more exposure and have a great idea for a story or article, we welcome your guest post.
As We Saw It has a good page rank and we are active on social media. Publishing on our site will:
- allow you to display your talents
- give you more exposure as a traveler and writer
- add another story to your portfolio.
- be spread far and wide on top social media channels
Bloggers: Write for us! We want your great stories!
If you've been there, you have something to share.
We are looking for original, first-hand, inspiring and informative travel articles and photo essays. Our favorite topics are travel tips, itineraries, attractions, top 10 lists and amusing personal anecdotes that offer insight into foreign lands and cultures. We are not interested in hotel, restaurant or car rental reviews.
- Destination guides
- Cultural insights
- Food, wine, international cuisines
- Travel tips and how-tos
- Luxury experiences
- Recipes for foreign foods
- Wellness for travelers
- Non-western (“alternative”) health treatments
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- How to Spend a Day/Weekend/Month in _______
- A Visitor's Guide to _______
- Road Tripping Through ______: A __-Day Itinerary
- Non-Touristic Things to Do in _______
- What I Learned by Visiting _______
- How to Make Locals Love You in _______
- 7 Things I Wish I Knew Before Going to _______
- A Traveler's Guide to _______ (UNESCO site, museum, kayaking trip, park, etc.)
- 10 Foods to Try in ______ **
- How to Make ______ (with recipe)
- The Best Street Food I Ate in _______
- Be creative; we're open to other ideas!
Here are our writer's guidelines
Everyone has them, from National Geographic to the local newspaper. We want to publish your story as much as you want your hard work to appear on our site. But please understand … our readers are expecting consistency.
So, here's what we need.
Our readers expect stories to be based on personal experiences. We know you've seen some amazing places and done some incredible things. Tell us about them!
- Content – All articles must be original, of course. They must not appear anywhere else on the internet now, nor be shared elsewhere in the future. We do not accept hotel and restaurant reviews.
- Word Count – Articles must be a minimum of 1200 words (more is definitely better!) and must be written from your personal experience.
- Photo essays – These are acceptable, but please group them by subject with <h2> subheads and include a few sentences about each. (People want to know what they're looking at, right?)
- Internal links – Whenever possible, please link to articles on As We Saw It.
- External links – You may link to a relevant article or two on your own blog. Wikipedia is fine; other links will be reviewed. Feel free to add them if you feel they enhance the story. We reserve the right to add, change, nofollow, move or remove links as we deem appropriate. We may add our own affiliate links.
- Inspired? – We often link to a related travel photo gallery, tourist bureaus, ticket companies, resources, and other helpful websites at the end of the article, grouped together under the Inspired? subhead.
** Are you a foodie or wine lover?
If you write about food, that's fantastic! As travelers, we want to encourage people to try new foods and sample local beverages. We especially welcome articles about traveling with dietary restrictions, because we eat clean and follow a Biblical diet.
Please Note: WE WILL NOT publish articles that promote eating pork, shellfish, rodents and other unclean animals. If you're unsure about whether we consider something to be edible, feel free to ask. We won't bite your head off. Yuck! 🙂
It's not a coincidence that our most popular articles are full of photos. People read our blog not only for its content but also for its photography, and big, beautiful photos will make your article shine.
- Photos must be original, 1400 px wide (landscape). We accept PNG, JPG, and TIF formats.
- You can also include portrait (tall) photos and we'll try to use them as well.
- Videos are acceptable as well.
- Include at least one photo per 200 words. Please give each photo a descriptive title to help with SEO and proper article placement.
- You are also welcome to use photos from our photo gallery. Just let us know and we'll help you get the correct links.
- Optional: We like to include a portrait-style Pinterest pin to give an extra boost to publicizing your story. Sometimes more. If you'd like to create one, Pinterest recommends 735 wide x 1102 (minimum) high. (We use PicMonkey and Canva, both free to use online.)
Keep in mind: Using someone else's photos without permission is a violation of international copyright law and can lead to serious problems. We will not be held responsible for any legal issues that may ensue if you violate copyright. Articles will be removed from our website immediately if we discover that the photos do not have proper credit.
- Use <h2> tags for subheads. That's the Heading 2 style in Word. Do not use Bold.
- Shorten paragraphs to 2-3 sentences each.
- Bulleted lists are welcome.
- Remove any style codings, like <span>.
- Submit your articles in Word or HTML.
- We reserve the right to edit and reformat to ensure consistency, clarity, and ease of reading.
Authorship (all about you!)
- Send us your bio.
- Include a shot of your beautiful face so people can see who wrote the post! 🙂
- We want to promote you so be sure to include links to your website and your social media accounts.
Sending your article
- Send your article and photos to us via email. Multiple emails are fine.
- For security reasons, DO NOT zip files before sending.
Ready to write?
Great! Here's what you need to do:
- Send a message on our Contact Us page with the subject line “I want to share my travel experience on AWSI.” (If you’ve already emailed us, please use this subject line in your next message.)
- Tell us where you've been and what you'd like to write about, including a few of your possible ideas.
- List any links you plan to include.
- Tell us how many photos you plan to include.
- Give the source of your photos. (Who gets the credit?)
- Include links to your blog and to anything you might have written previously. Go ahead, brag away!
- Mention that you have read these guidelines in your inquiry.
NOTE: If you don't follow all these guidelines, we will not respond. Especially the subject line. Working with writers who won't follow directions is a lot more work than we have time for. Trust us; it saves headaches.
We'll get back to you ASAP. Once we both agree on the topic, you can send us your work. Email your article and photos, and include a brief bio so people know you wrote the article. Remember to include send a photo of your smiling face to accompany your bio. Remember to include your blog's official name and URL as well as links to your major social media channels.
We will let you know when your story goes live.
Note to DMOs, tour companies, travel agencies, et al.
We would like to help you promote your destination, product or business – please visit our Work with Us page for details.
We regret that we are unable to provide free publicity to businesses. As We Saw It is a business as well and should be treated as such. We deserve adequate financial compensation for publicizing your destination or service.
The guidelines on this page only apply to individuals and fellow travel bloggers with their own personal websites, who wish to share their personal experiences, tips, photos, and videos with a wider audience. Our policy is that, unless previously agreed, “Guest Post” articles written to promote a business will be published with all backlinks removed.